Pledging to lower your food stuff waste entails superior food items arranging.
Pro idea: When you have a excursion coming up, it is time to thoroughly clean out the fridge.
When you are heading out to vacation and will be absent from house for a whilst, it is most effective to cook from the fridge, freezer or pantry. Resist the urge to do extra grocery procuring. As a substitute, choose a search at what you have and use it up. That way, you leave behind very little to spoil whilst you’re absent, and you won’t through any food stuff absent.
Use What You Have
I lately cleared out my fridge and arrived up with a approach:
- I had 50 % a jar of pasta sauce, so prepared tortellini just one night time with it.
- I ate the cooked leftovers as lunch.
- I had lettuce, onion, celery and some tomatoes, so I planned a major tossed salad.
- I snacked on the remaining apples.
- I experienced some blueberries and greek yogurt, so I created salad dressing with it.
Zero Waste Blueberry Balsamic Salad Dressing
I experienced leftover blueberries so I applied them to generate a salad dressing.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 tbsp basic Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch salt
- floor pepper to flavor
Pulse blueberries, lime juice, yogurt, and vinegar in a foodstuff processor until eventually blended
Insert the olive oil and blend.
Year to taste with salt and pepper, and pulse yet again right until easy and creamy.