These Facts About Mardi Gras Will Blow Your Mind
1)”Laissez les bon temps rouler” is the official greeting of Mardi Gras.
2) Carnival season begins much earlier than many realize.
3) Each parade is run by a different krewe.
4) It’s illegal to not wear a mask onboard a float.
5) Krewes choose a different theme for their parades each year.
6) Each krewe has a system of royalty.
7) If you want to keep Mardi Gras family friendly, avoid the French Quarter.
8) Mentioning one phrase will score you beads at parades.
9) Want to ride on a float? It will cost you.
10) Mardi Gras has rarely been canceled in New Orleans.
11) King Cake is an indicator that carnival season has arrived.
12) Mardi Gras isn’t only celebrated in New Orleans.
13) You may look forward to the parades, but the real treat for krewe members comes later.
14) The Mardi Gras colors are green, gold, and purple—and each have hidden meanings.
15) Mardi Gras sometimes overlaps with the Super Bowl.
Send MSN Feedback
Please give an overall site rating:
Opens in a new window
Opens an external site
Opens an external site in a new window