A Berry Healthy Valentine’s Day Smoothie Bowl3 min read
Show oneself some like & blend up a mouth watering Smoothie Bowl for Valentine’s Working day!
You’re a easy[ie] operator 😉
I’m all for boxes of chocolates and sweet hearts but major up to the most intimate working day of the calendar year, I nevertheless want to consume nutritious meals that fulfill my sweet tooth! Cue this Valentine’s Day Smoothie Bowl.
I like my smoothie bowls as thick as Beyoncé, topped with a wide range of superfoods, and as delicious as a dessert.
To rejoice Valentine’s Day, I mixed my like for spoonable smoothie bowls, healthy food stuff, and delectable flavors to provide you A Berry Healthful Valentine’s Working day Smoothie Bowl!
Right here are ideas to producing a THICK smoothie bowl:
- Use frozen fruit. If you only is fresh create, toss them in the freezer and hold out 1-2 several hours. This operates most effective if your fruits and veggies are ripe or even overripe.
- In order to reach a consistency you can try to eat with a spoon and cover with toppings that do not sink into your foundation, use Much less liquid. You can step by step incorporate additional as you mix if you want, but start out with 1:3 liquid-to-fruit ratio.
- Spend in a higher-driven blender. Your previous blenders from the 70’s could not have the horsepower to mix a thick smoothie bowl. I recommend The Ninja Foodie SS101 Smoothie Bowl Make & Nutrient Extractor or one more “bullet” shaped blender.
- Freeze some your liquid in ice cube trays! I would not freeze almond milk as it separates.
- Increase nutritious elements that thicken your bowl- 1-2 tablespoons of protein powder, handful of oats, ground flaxseed or chia seeds, coconut cream, avocado, beetroot powder or Spirulina are good thoughts.
Stability Your Bowl
- Really don’t make your smoothie bowl with just fruit and granola- that is a good deal of carbs and sugar without having any protein or fats!
- Insert protein with protein powder in your smoothie base (plant-based protein powders have a tendency to make your bowl thicker) & applying a soy or cow’s milk. I applied Silk Extremely Unsweetened Plant-Dependent Protein Consume!
- Involve healthful fats (& texture!) with unsweetened coconut shreds, nuts, but butter drizzles, pepitas, & seeds.
- Be aware of honey or agave drizzles- they nonetheless count as additional sugar.
A Berry Nutritious Valentine’s Day Smoothie Bowl
- 2 tablespoons strawberry protein powder (I used Vegan Electrical power Pro)
- 2/3 cup soy milk, divided (you can use any milk- I imagine dairy and soy work ideal)
- 1 cup frozen dragonfruit chunks
- 1 frozen, overripe banana
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon coconut product
- Toppings: unsweetened coconut, pomegranate, strawberries, dragon fruit balls, raspberries, and a darkish chocolate heart (cacao nibs operate, also!)
- In a superior-powdered blender, include protein powder 1/3 liquid and blend until finally blended.
- Add fruit, cocoa powder, flaxseed, and coconut cream. Inadequate in remaining milk and mix for 1-3 minutes.
- Evaluate regularity and insert a lot more liquid as desired, but be individual! It can take time to make a thick bowl. You may possibly have to have more than the 2/3 cup but include 1-2 tablespoons at a time to reduce a thin consistency.
- Once you have achieved a sleek regularity, use a small spatula to spoon into a bowl.
- Include toppings and style your bowl
Make this smoothie bowl? We want to see! Share your masterpiece and tag us on Instagram @nourishment.awareness.
You may perhaps also like…
Disclaimer: Some web site posts may possibly incorporate a single or additional affiliate backlinks. All thoughts are my possess.
Kait Richardson is a registered dietitian nutritionist in Orlando, FL. She is a companion at a personal apply, Diet Awareness, wherever she assists disappointed yo-yo dieters get to their health and fitness plans making use of 1:1 nutrition coaching. She is the co-host of the Nourishment Awareness Podcast.